Saturday, August 03, 2013

What is going to happen

I am very pleased with the appointment of Dr. Kenneth Y. Hartigan-Go as Director IV of the Food and Drug Administration on August 23, 2012. I guess I am a fan of this renowned toxicologist. 

Almost a year after his appointment, it is very obvious that the FDA has already taken giant steps under his leadership. I would like to think that the FDA is now on its way to be at par with its foreign counterparts in terms of regulating the local pharmaceutical industry. Unlike before, I am confident that the FDA is now more capable to do its job  efficiently and effectively.

Just to test that I am right with my assumptions, I have sent early today a complaint to the agency via eReport about a certain branch of a chain of drugstores where antibiotics are sold to the public without the need of a prescription. This is in relation to the DOH-FDA Advisory No. 2012-017 (Subject: ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE) where "the public is... enjoined to report to FDA, either in writing or through telephone call... any drugstore dispensing antibiotics without the correct prescription..."

Let's wait and see what is going to happen...











No comments: